On October 23 & 24, 2012 the VP of Community for Articulate and author of the Rapid E-Learning Blog, which is published weekly to over 73,000 readers, is coming to Milwaukee, WI Join us as Tom shares his passion for learning technology and focus on helping people succeed and grow.
We are excited to have Tom introduce Articulate’s newest product, Storyline, on Day 2 of this workshop.
DAY 1 – Tuesday 10/23/2012
Session 1: PowerPoint’s No Longer a Slide Show Freak
PowerPoint's gotten a bad rap. Sure we've all had to sit through hours of boring presentations. But is that PowerPoint's fault? With the right skills, PowerPoint's one of the best multimedia applications out. Join Tom Kuhlmann as he shares ways to get more our out of PowerPoint.
In this session you'll learn how to:
- Use PowerPoint to create illustrations and all sorts of multimedia.
- Turn PowerPoint from your presentation whipping post into your all-purpose multimedia toolkit.
Session 2: Practical Approach to Building Successful Communities
In many organizations, informal knowledge-sharing happens haphazardly and only in silos – it's typically a rich but untapped resource. Think of how much we could extend and reinforce learning if we got strategic about building shared-practice communities where learners can help and mentor one another.
In this session we’ll examine the care and feeding of a shared-practice community, including lessons learned from the evolution of the Articulate community of over 200,000 members. You’ll learn best practices for establishing and improving a community of practice for your own organization.
In this session, you will learn:
- Ways to leverage the informal sharing that's already happening in your organization
- The best ways to nurture community leaders
- Tools and resources that help learners share and collaborate
- How to keep the community scalable so that it can grow without burning you out
DAY 2 – Wednesday 10/24/2012
Session 1: Articulate Storyline: Advanced E-learning Made Simple
It takes a team of programmers to build interactive e-learning, right? Not anymore. Articulate Storyline is so intuitive and familiar, virtually anyone can use it to create interactivity that goes far beyond simple click-and-read e-learning.
In this session you’ll learn how to use Articulate Storyline to build engaging, interactive courses. We’ll review the core authoring process, introduce you to key Storyline features, and then practice creating interactive content using the Slide Layers, Triggers, and States features in Storyline.
In this session you’ll learn how to:
- Insert various types of content on a slide
- Work with Storyline’s built-in characters
- Create interactivity using Slide Layers, Triggers, and States
- Customize the course player
- Publish to Flash, HTML5, and iOS for iPad viewing
Session 2: Articulate Jam Session
Join Tom for an open Q&A session for Articulate users.